Thursday 10 October 2013

Still Life

Today we created an arrangement of objects on the floor of the life drawing room to observe and replicate in the style that we wished - I found the task fun yet challenging.
We began making a drawing of what we could see and most people used charcoal / graphite as their medium, and we were given about 20 - 30 minutes to do this. The second time was much more free and independent style, I used mixed media for my piece. I started out with pencil, then fine liner, marker pens, water and coloured pastels; trying to create a good sense of perspective by adding more tone and detail into the objects nearest me. The final piece was a mixture of 4 / 5 different people's styles on one sheet of paper... we drew some of the still life for 3 minutes then moved clockwise round the circle to add something to the next drawing. The outcomes were interesting and it was a unique way of working.


2 comments:

  1. really like that top drawing, Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks :) I wasn't so keen on that one though.

      Delete